Golf is known as the game of accuracy and patience. Therefore the right measurement of the distances on the course is very important for a golfer. A shot has to be precise and accurate to make the game easy.
Previously people used to walk through the whole way to measure the distance. But now a day with the advancement of science and technology today we golfers do not have to provide effort to measure the distance. There are many golf GPS devices that help with the process and make the process effortless. Also, some GPS devices come with many important features. But the GPS devices are very costly therefore all golfers cannot buy these devices. However, there are many GPS devices that come at a very affordable price.
Best Golf GPS Under 100$
Today we will give a list of the best golf GPS under 100 dollars. Let us began with the list without wasting any more time.
1. TecTecTec ULT-G Golf GPS Watch
This golf GPS watch is produced by the TecTecTec. This company is best known in the US because of its quality rangefinders. This is the first golf watch produced by TecTecTec after their quality rangefinders. This golf GPS watch will produce all of the necessary information to the fingertips. A golfer will get all of the information within a blink.
This ULT-G golf GPS watch contains information on over 38 thousand golf courses over the world. The ULT-G shows all the necessary information of the golf course including the front, back, middle to the green, and all the hazards around the green. The golf GPS watch is very suitable for mid-handicap golfers as the watch produces all the necessary information which is very helpful for beginners and for mid-level players. There are some buttons on the side of the watch. After the setup procedure one just needs to connect the watch with the satellite just simply by clicking the satellite connection button. Then with the help of the other buttons, they will get all the information. One would not have to connect the watch with the satellite manually because by simply clicking the satellite button the watch will be connected automatically.
There will be no subscription fee included with the watch. One just has to pay only the watch price which is very affordable. Also, the watch is very durable and it is water and dust-resistant. With a full charge, one will be able to use the watch for at least 2.5 rounds. There are no extra features included in the watch to make one irritated.
Display: LCD type
Number of courses: More than 38,000
- The ULT-G will show the front, back, and middle distance of the green.
- The watch will also show the distance of the shots with the distance of the hazards.
- Contains some buttons on the side to operate.
- After the initial setup with the click of the button, the device will be connected to the satellite automatically.
- Will be able to work for 2.5 rounds within one full charge.
- Durable design watch is waterproof and dustproof.
- Only 5.6 ounces weighted.
- 1 lithium battery included.
- Included a USB cable charger to charge the watch.
2. GolfBuddy Voice
For those golfers who are sick of clicking buttons to know the distance, this would be a good choice. This GPS device is very versatile. Though golfers have to press a button indeed but the best part of this device is just by simply clicking a button a golfer will hear all the distance over voice form. This device will read all the distances within one click. This golf device will be able to tell the distance in 11 languages. From the 11 languages, 8 of the languages are preloaded.
There are volume adjusting buttons and also one can choose the voice of the device. Because the device contains both male and female voices. The device has the ability to read the distance in both yards and meters so there will be no confusion about the distance. The device is preloaded with the information of 40,000 courses around the world with far more than the above discussed ULT-G GPS watch. This device will be able to show all the real distances of the front, back, and middle of the green. The device has the ability to recognize the golf club, holes, and also the course automatically. The device is very compact in size and can be used in many ways. It can be used as a watch with the help of the watch wristband. Also, it can be clipped to the hat of the golfers and can be held in the hands.
The device will be able to show the information of the course for 14 hours. Also, with the help of the course, one will be able to know the time and record the time of their game.
Brand: Golf Buddy
Color: Royal Black
Battery Life: 14 hours
Number of courses: 40,000
- The GolfBuddy Voice is designed with both display and voice.
- One can see the distances on the display or can hear the distances by simply clicking a button.
- Contains both male and female voices.
- The device will be able to read the distances in yards and meters.
- With the help of this device, one will be able to see the dynamic view of the green.
- The device is very versatile and it shows the time.
- It can be used in three ways like a watch, clipping it in the hat, and also as a handheld device.
3. GolfBuddy Clip
For those golfers who feel the need for a caddy, this device can be a big help. This is a talking golf device that will tell all the distances of the front, back, and middle like a caddy. This device is very compact in design. With the help of the clip behind the device, the device can be attached to the golfer hat or in the bag, or also in the t-shirt collar. With a gentle touch to the button, the device will tell all the important information.
The device provides awesome accuracy to the green. However, it only provides information about the green not about hazards or bunkers. The device has mounted volume adjustable buttons. Also, some of it is both a GPS device and rangefinders. Therefore one will be able to see the dynamic green view in the device and know all the distances. The device will last up to 14 hours long which will cover at least 2 to 3 rounds with ease. This can be used also in the rainy season because it is a water-resistant device.
Also, there will be no update charged. One will be able to update this device for a lifetime without any cost. The battery is also included. After 2 years of continuous use, one will need to change the battery of the device. In the end, it is a very useful device in golf that is very easy to use and very low in price.
Brand: Golf Buddy
Color: White and Navy
Battery Life: 14 hours
Number of courses: Not specified
- A talking golf device with an LCD display.
- The device will tell all the distances and also one can see the distances with a simple click.
- Two in one device is both a GPS and a Rangefinder.
- Shows awesome accuracy to the green.
- The water-resistant device can be used in the rainy season also.
- Easy to use and can be clipped in the bag, hat, and also in the t-shirt.
- No update charge is included and the battery is included.
Best Garmin Golf GPS Under $100
1. Garmin 010-02028-00 Approach S10
For those golfers who want to record their game score and want to stay focus on the course, this would be a perfect golf watch. The watch is very stylish looking. It is available in 3 different colors. With the help of the 1.2 inches screen one will be able to know all the distances including the front, back, and middle of the green as well as the hazards in the course.
The manufacturer preloaded the details of more than 41,000 golf courses. This device has the ability to choose the golf course automatically where it is being used. This device is smooth and very light in weight. Also, the manufacturer provides free lifetime updates. After a golfer completes a hole the device has the ability to select the next hole when the golfer goes to the next tee-off. The device is rechargeable and it can continue to work for 12 hours at one charge. With the high resolution and sun, readable display one will be able to get all the reliable information.
The watch is very convenient. It shows the current date and time. Also, with the help of the device one will be able to know the sunrise and sunset time. Also, one can keep the summary of the rounds and keep a record of their scores in the watch to improve their game.
Color: Black, Granite Blue, and Gray
Battery Life: 12 hours
Number of courses: Above 41,000
- It is a very convenient device with a smooth design and many functionalities.
- It shows all the distance of the course including the hazards and doglegs also.
- The display of this device is higher resolution.
- Contains 4 buttons to operate.
- One can keep the score summary of the round on the watch.
- It contains details of the courses from worldwide.
- Can select the course from the preloaded courses automatically.
- Automatically selects the next hole after completing one.
- Shows the information of the current date and time and also the sunrise and sunset time.
2. Garmin Approach G10
The Garmin Approach G10 is a very convenient and versatile device. The device can be to any place for its compact design. It is able to fit in the belt, bag, and also in the cap. With the clip-on method, the device can be easily attached. With this device, one will be able to know all the distance of the hazards and doglegs.
The device is preloaded with more than 41,000 courses worldwide and using the device is very easy. With the help of this device, one will be able to get the shape of the green with pin placements. Also, one will be able to track how much distance they have been covered at the time of the game. With the device, a player will be more confident and will be able to shoot the ball with more accuracy. The device will show the accurate layout of the green. It will show the exact distance of the green. Also, one will be able to see the exact layout of the green even the person stays in the back of the green by setting the device manually.
The device contains a built-in scorecard. One can tally the number of the scores of each round and also can save the number easily for their future improvements. The score can be analyzed by the computer with the help of the USB by connecting the device with the computer. With the help of the course view updater on the Garmin website, one can add new courses to the device 4 times a year. For the updates, there will be no fee charged. One can play with this device for 15 hours after one charge.
Battery Life: 15 hours
Number of courses: 41,000
- It is a compact design and versatile device.
- Can be attached to the belt, cap, pocket, and also in the bag while playing.
- Along with all distances, one will get the exact distance of the hazards and the doglegs.
- The device is able to show the green shape with pin placement.
- The device shows the exact layout and shape of the green.
- The device can store the scores of the rounds for analysis.
- The device can be updated 4 times a year with the help of the Garmin website without any subscription fee.
Best Phantom Golf GPS under $100
1. Bushnell 368821 Phantom Golf GPS
For those persons who do not want to use a watch GPS or cap mounted or belt mounted golf GPS this device is a perfect choice. The device is made of built-in magnetic technology. With the help of this technology, one will be able to attach the device to any metal surface like the golf cart, metal golf club, and metal belt. However, a clip holder is included with the device. With the help of the clip holder, one will be able to hold the device in their belt bag, cap, or on the bag.
With the screen size of 2 inches, one will be able to see the clear distance of the front, back, and middle of the green. Also, the device shows the 3D display of the course holes flyover. The 3D screen will show all the clear distance of the hazards. The device is preloaded with over 36,000 courses from 36 countries. The device shows the hole by hole layouts distance of each and every course. With this device, one would not have to set the next hole manually. The device will automatically advance to the next hole. One will be able to update the device without any help of a USB or any wire. The Bluetooth connection will allow the user to update the device without any wire.
Color: Black, Blue, Green, and Red/Blue
Display: 2 inches
Battery Life: 10 hours
Number of courses: over 36,000
- Built-in magnetic technology to attach the device with any metallic object.
- Contains a clip holder to attach the device to the cap, belt, bag, and also in the pocket.
- Shows every distance clearly on the big screen.
- One can get a clear 3D view of the course holes flyover.
- No need to manually set the next hole.
- With the help of a Bluetooth connection, the device can be updated easily.
Best Golf GPS Handheld Under $100
1. CANMORE Handheld Golf GPS HG200
For those golfers who want to have all the important information related to a golf round in their golf GPS device, this device is very suitable. The device is designed with a 2 inches big LED display. There are big 4 click buttons under the display to operate the device. The device will show the information clearly under bright sunlight. This device is very durable because the side of the device is coated with rubber. It can bear a few bumps and scratches in the field.
The CANMORE Handheld Golf GPS HG200 is preloaded with more than 38,000 golf courses map. The number of the course continues to increase with updates. The GPS will be able to advance to the next hole automatically with the updated distance of the front, back, middle, and the hazards. With the help of the big buttons, one will be able to access the device with gloves on. Also, it has built-in scorecards to store the scores of each round and has a digital clock. Holding the device is very comfortable for its rubber sides.
The device comes with a year warranty. With the two mounting methods, one will be able to use the device in many ways. One can attach the device to any metallic surface for the built-in magnet or one can attach the device to the pocket, belt, and bag with the clip-mounted method.
Color: Black, Orange, and Turquoise
Number of courses: Above 38,000
- It is designed with 2 inches display and 4 big click buttons.
- Shows all the information of a course clearly also under a bright sun.
- The device is very durable and can take a couple of bums and scratches.
- Holding the device feels very great.
- Can be attached to any metal surface and also can be attached to the pocket, belt, bag, and cap.
- Automatic next holes advancement.
- Contains built-in scorecards with a digital clock.
2. CANMORE TW-353 GPS Golf Watch
The device is very lightweight and feels like a smartwatch in the hand. This GPS golf watch is available in many different colors. The watch will not affect the game. This device is suitable for all levels of players as it provides all the important information of the course. With the help of this watch, one will be able to get 10 of the best golf course nearest him or her.
This watch will show the number of the pars for the hole with the distance of the front, middle, and back of the green. It also contains scorecards of the current playing hole. However, one has to input the score of the hole manually. It is preprogrammed with more than 38 thousand golf courses around the world. However, if the course where you play is not included then simply contact the seller and the details of the course will be added to the watch within 3 days.
Also, for the display technology, one will be able to see the details of the course under the bright sun. The best thing is the weather would not affect the device as it is waterproof and can be used in the rain without any danger. Including the back, front, and middle distance the device also shows hazards distance and shot distance.
Color: Black, Black/Gray, Black/Green, Black/Orange
Battery Life: 12 hours
Number of courses: more than 38,000
- The watch can be very helpful for all levels of players.
- Shows the 10 best golf courses near the player in the golf mode.
- Provide with the number of pars for each hole.
- Shows all the distances of the green along with the hazards distance and the distance of the shot.
- The device is waterproof and can be accessed under bright sunlight.
Considerations Before Buying a Golf GPS
Buying a golf GPS is not an easy process. Especially for beginners, choosing the best and suitable GPS can be difficult. Therefore before buying one must know what are the main important features and what are the other features they need in their golf GPS.
Here are some important features that a person must look for before buying a golf GPS.
Accurate Distance- First thing is first, one must look for the accuracy of the device. Some golf GPS does not provide accurate measurements of the distance of the back, front, and middle of the green. Also, there are some GPS devices that do not show the distance of the hazards which can be very problematic. Therefore look for the accuracy of the distance first before checking other features.
Types- Golf GPS is available in different types. These are watch, handheld, and mounted. So choose depending on your suitability. However, there are some devices in the above list that come with all of these features in one. So it would be wise to choose those to use in different situations. The weight of the device also depends on its type.
Number of courses- The number of the courses is one of the very important things. Suppose you have packed your golf cart bag and reached with your brand new golf GPS. After connecting the GPS you find that there is no information about the course. It will obviously make you angry. So choose a device depending on the preloaded number of the courses. However, one will be able to add information about new courses by simply contacting the seller.
Battery Life- Choose the device that will be able to produce long battery life. Some devices will provide less than 10 hours of battery life which is not suitable to finish a full game. The more battery life devices will enable to play long games. Make sure to get a GPS device that can cover 18 holes game with ease.
Some Other Features to Check
- Some devices will tell the information of the course by simply clicking a button to try to get those. However, these types of devices may consume the battery very fast.
- Some GPS devices have built-in scorecard which helps a payer to improve their game. By analyzing the scores a player will be able to know the weaknesses.
- Some devices will track the total distance of the player covered in a course. These are very helpful for tracking the fitness of the player.
- Make sure whether the manufacturer provides free updates or they add subscription fees.
Apple Watch Golf GPS vs Golf GPS App
There are many differences between the apple watch golf GPS and the golf GPS app. Here are the differences between these two golf GPS in the chart.
Apple Watch Golf GPS
Golf GPS App
Shows accurate distance of the course.
Depends on the accuracy of the Google map.
This is waterproof.
Waterproof depends on the device type.
It is very user-friendly.
Using it can be bothersome.
Very light in weight.
The weight of this depends on the device.
Some of the GPS apps are free of cost.
The device is compact in size.
These depend on the size of the device.
Is there a Free Golf GPS App?
There is not only a free GPS app for golf there are many free golf GPS apps. These apps can be downloaded from the internet without any fee. Some of these apps show all the related information about the golf course. There are some free apps that also included the scorecard to store the information of the rounds. However, while choosing a golf GPS app one must check the necessary features first.
Here is Some Free Golf GPS App
- Golf Pad Gold GPS Rangefinders
- 18 Birdies golf app
- Golf GPS and scorecard from SWING U
Are Golf GPS Apps legal?
Golf GPS apps are legal in a tournament. Previously there was a restriction on the electric devices on a golf course. The golfers were not able to use any kind of electric GPS device. However, the restriction has been removed. Now, these devices are allowed for tournaments. But there are some rules over these devices. One must follow those rules before taking using golf GPS apps in the tournament.
What is Better a Golf GPS or Rangefinder?
As both of these devices are used to find accurate distances, therefore, the most important thing is to get the accuracy on the distances. When it comes to accuracy the golf rangefinder is the best. It shows the exact and accurate distance of the green. But the problem is the rangefinders do not provide extra features like the scorecard, versatile use, and voice speech.
With a golf GPS, one will get every distance but the accuracy of the distance depends on the signal. Also, the information on the courses must be preprogrammed. But the best thing about the GPS is that one can store the scores in the device and some devices are very versatile to use. The GPS provides many extra features.
What is the Best Free Golf GPS App for iPhone?
The best free golf GPS app for iPhone is undoubtedly the Hole19. This is a free golf app that comes with many advantages. With the help of this device, one does not have to spend a lot of money on rangefinders or golf GPS devices. The app is preprogrammed with more than 43,000 golf courses. The app is compatible with the apple watch also. Also, it has a feature that helps a golfer to share the score with friends or families to challenge them.
Is Garmin S60 Worth the Money?
In simple words, the Garmin S60 is worth the money because of its features. However, this device is very expensive. The device has all the important features that a golfer needs to play a game comfortably. It shows the accurate distance of all the locations and also the hazards. It looks very stylish and comfortable on the wrist. The device contains more than 40,000 course details. Also, it comes with a touch screen which is very easy to access.
This article is all about golf GPS devices. Here one will get affordable golf GPS devices. These devices are under 100 dollars. All of the devices contain the necessary information related to the course. Some of the devices have many extra features. So without wasting any time here go and see the list above to get the best GPS device under 100 dollars to improve your game.