A golf cart is specially made for golf course rides. However, some people like to use these carts off-road. But it seems that the carts could not provide a smooth ride or a good experience in the off-road ride. Also, some golf course seems to have rough terrain where a golf cart would not be able to provide a great ride.
To avoid these problems and to have a better experience and smooth off-road ride installing a lift kit is the only solution. A lift kit does not only solve these problems it also provides the ability to add large tires to the cart. But all the lift kits are not suitable for every golf cart model. Therefore, today we have come with a list of 10 of the best golf cart lift kit so that one can pick a lift kit for their golf cart easily.
Let’s not talk anymore and start with the list of the best 10 lift kits for golf carts.
Best Golf Cart Lift Kit Review
1. Club Car Precedent 6" Double A-Arm Golf Cart Lift Kit
Anyone looking for a sturdy and reliable golf cart lift kit? Then they should check this lift kit right now. The lift kit is made of durable steel which is very sturdy and will increase the height of the golf cart easily. Also, the lift kit is finished with high gloss black powder which increases the aesthetic view of the kit. The black coating helps the kit from getting damaged by water and dirt. Unlike other lift kits, this lift kit is rustproof because of the black coating.
The golf cart lift kit does not need any kind of welding or cutting so that one does not have to provide more effort on installing this kit. One just has to attach bolts to install this kit. Manufacturer provides instruction manual which is very easy to understand. Also, there are many YouTube videos where one will be able to easily understand how to install the lift kit on a cart.
- The lift kit is 52.6 pounds weighted.
- Its dimension is 29.69 inches by 16.81 inches by 10.51 inches.
- The manufacturer used durable and sturdy steel to construct this lift kit.
- It is coated with high gloss black powder to protect it from rust, water, and dirt.
- Installing it does not need any welding or cutting.
- Bolt up installing process is very easy.
- Comes with an installing instruction manual.
2. Club Car DS 6" Double A-Arm Golf Cart Lift Kit
This lift kit is also produced by GTW. This is a 6 inches Double A-Arm lift kit. It will fit from 2004.5 golf cart models to up. It will fit both the electric and gas golf carts. The set comes with all the necessary accessories to lift the front and rear of the cart. Also, with the lift kit accessories, there will be an easy understandable instruction guide included to install the lift kit without any problem.
As like the previous lift kit this lift kit also does not need to be cut or weld at the time of installation because it is a bolt-on application lift kit. The manufacturer used a high gloss and durable black coating to the lift kit. This lift kit will allow the user to use 23 inches tall tires. However, one should at least use 10 inches wheel with 1 offset. Also, the cart lift kit does not accommodate with Club Car DS metal dust cover.
- The weight of this lift kit is 25.98 pounds.
- The lift kit has a dimension of 29.7” x 16.7” x 10.6”.
- It will fit both gas and electric golf carts from 2004.5 to up models.
- Comes with every element to lift both the rear and front of the cart.
- The manufacturer provides fully colored instruction.
- Hassle free installable kit does not need any cutting and welding.
- It will allow up to 23 inches tires.
3. Madjax 6" 2007-Up A-Arm Lift Complete Kit
This 6 inches lift kit is produced by one of the popular lift kit brands known as Madjax. This is an A-Arm lift kit and it will fit the Yamaha drive model golf carts from 2007 to 2016. It is available in three sizes of 3, 5, and 6 inches. With the help of the instruction, one can easily install the kit if the person has DIY knowledge. However, the manufacturer recommends some parts of this kit has to be installed by a professional. Also, the manufacturer provides very friendly customer service.
- The lift kit weight is 63.3 pounds.
- The dimension is 28.8 inches x 15 inches x 11 inches.
- Three different sizes of 3, 5, and 6 inches are available.
- Will fit from 2007-2016 all Yamaha Driver models.
- One can install this kit with DIY knowledge.
4. RHOX 6" A-Arm Golf Cart Lift Kit
With this sturdy and durable lift kit keep your cart stable all the way through the terrain. It fits both the gas powered and electric powered golf cart of Club Car Precedent 2004 and above. The lift kit package contains a huge amount of accessories to lift the front and the rear of the cart.
The easy understand instruction will help one install the lift kit with ease and without any hassle. This easy bolt-on application does not need cutting or welding at the time of the installation process. Also, this will allow the cart owner to add up to 23 inches of tires to their golf cart to enjoy off-road riding.
- 52 pounds weighted lift kit.
- The dimension of this kit is 14 inches by 10 inches by 10 inches.
- Can be used for Club Car Precedent 2004 to above models for both gas and electric carts.
- Hassle free bolt-on application.
- The easy instruction makes the process easy to add the kit to a cart
- The lift kit is secured with black powder coating for outside use.
- This kit will allow up to 23 inches of tires to the cart.
5. Perfectautopart 6" Drop Axle Lift Kits
This 6 inches Perfectautopart Drop Axel Lit Kits is very sturdy and durable and would be a perfect choice to lift an EZ-GO golf cart. The lift kit is made of steel. Also, all the parts of this lift kit are laser cut to ensure precision. As shown in the picture all the lift kit hardware would be included with the package.
The lift kit will fit EZ-Go golf cart models from 1994 to 2001.5. Using this lift kit will allow the cart to be consistent with 23 inches tires. However, this lift kit would not be compatible with the RXV model cart. Also, the manufacturer recommends that the installation process must be done by a professional.
- 31.9 pounds weighted lift kit.
- Lift kit dimension is 31.5” x 11.81” x 5.51”.
- The manufacturer used steel to construct this durable lift kit.
- The proof load of this kit is 85,000 PSI.
- Lift kit parts are cut with a laser to ensure precision.
- Comes with all the necessary mounting hardware.
6. GTW 6" Double A-Arm Golf Cart Lift Kit
Want to add 23 inches tall tires to your golf cart to enjoy off-road riding? Then get this golf cart lift kit. This lift kit is manufactured by the popular brand known as GTW. This quality 6 inches lift kit will fit in electric Club Car DS 82 to 03.5 models and gas 97 to 03.5 models. However, the cart must contain a steel dust cover in the front hub to fit the lift kit.
With the colored instruction one will be able to install this lift kit on their cart. But the person must have knowledge of how the front end works and how to align a front end old school.
This hassle free bolt-on application lift kit can be installed by a single person. But with the help of another person, the process can be done in no time.
- The weight measurement of this kit is 57 pounds.
- The size of the kit package is 29 inches x 16.5 inches x 10.5 inches.
- Cart must contain a steel dust cover in the front hub to fit the kit.
- Colored instruction to install the lift kit easily.
- Bolt-on application lift kit does not require any cutting or welding.
7. MJFX Club Car DS 6” HD Lift Kit
According to many golf cart specialists, this is a great product and many buyers recommended this lift kit to their friends. This durable lift kit is manufactured by the Madjax brand. It will fit both gas and electric models of Club Car DS from 1982 to 2000.5.
The lift kit contains all the essential elements to lift the front and the rear of the cart. The manufacturer used sturdy urethane bushing which is known as A-Arm busing to the lift kit. With this tough lift kit increase a couple of inches of your cart and enjoy riding in different terrains.
- The weight of this lift kit is measured 4 pounds.
- The dimension measurement of this kit package is 29” x 15” x 10”.
- Used sturdy and durable urethane bushing.
- Suitable for Club Car DS 1982 to 2000.5 gas and electric models.
8. 6" Drop Axle EZGO Lift Kit
Want to ride with your golf cart on the off-road and in the need of a lift kit to add off-road tires? Then this lift kit is calling your name. This lift kit is specially manufactured for EZ-GO golf cart 2001.5 to 2013 electric models. This lift kit will lengthen the wheelbase of the cart.
One does not have to purchase hardware individually because all the essential hardware will be included in the package. All the hardware is class 8.8 grade. The lift kit will allow one to add 23 inches off-road tires. But there will be no instruction included with the package. However, one can find YouTube installation videos which will make things way easier. Also, the manufacturer highly recommends professional installation.
- 32.5 pounds weighted lift kit.
- 31.1 inches x 13.8 inches x 5.8 inches is the dimension of this lift kit package.
- Class 8.8 grade installing hardware is included.
- The lift kit will allow using 23 inches off-road tires.
- Suitable for EZ-GO electric golf cart 2001.5 to 2013 models.
9. ECOTRIC 5" Drop Axle Golf Cart Lift Kit
It is a gas golf cart lift kit for 3 bolts of steering. This golf cart lift kit is budget friendly. It is available in 3 sizes of 4 inches, 5, inches and 6 inches. This gas golf cart lift kit is compatible with EZ-GO 1994 to 2001.5 golf cart models.
The lift kit is made of durable and high quality steel along with a black powder coat. The black powder coat finish ensures durability by resisting dust, dirt, and rust. Also, the coat saves the lift kit from the harsh weather condition. In the kit, there is a replacement stock front axle with a drop axle design. The package includes instructions and all the hardware so that one can easily install the lift kit.
- Can be found in three sizes of 4, 5, and 6 inches.
- Weight and dimension vary depending on the size.
- Can fit in EZ-GO 1994 to 2001.5 golf cart models.
- This durable high quality steel constructed lift kit is coated with black powder.
- The lift kit is protected from dirt, dust, and harsh weather by the black coat.
- Instruction and hardware are included with the lift kit.
10. RHOX BMF 6" Club Car Precedent A-ARM Lift Kit
If anyone wants to install a lift kit to their Club Car Precedent golf cart and is confused about what lift kit they should use then they can choose this lift kid without any worry. This lift kit is compatible with all gas and electric Club Car Precedent golf carts.
This heavy duty steel made golf cart lift kit is made to keep your golf cart stable in any terrain. The manufacturer includes all the mounting hardware into the package. Almost all the buyers are happy and recommended this lift kit to others.
Brand: Golf Cart Tire Supply
- The lift kit is 54 pounds weighted.
- The dimension measurement of this lift kit is 35.25” by 16” by 11.5”.
- Made of heavy duty large diameter steel tubing.
- Provides stability to the cart in every terrain.
- Suitable for all gas and electric Club Car Precedent golf carts.
Things to consider before buying a golf cart lift kit
Buying a lift kit is not as easy as it seems. One has to think about the compatibility, the size, the installation process, and many more before buying a lift kit. This buying guide will help those persons who do not know what to look at before buying a lift kit. Let’s start with the features.
Compatibility- The first thing that one has to think of is the compatibility of the lift kit with their cart. The golf cart lift kits are not a universal fit. These are made for some specific cart models. Some of the golf cart lift kits are made for EZ-GO, some are made for Yamaha, and some are made for Club Car. But that does not mean that one can choose any type of EZ-GO golf cart lift kit for their EZ-GO golf cart. I know you are a bit confused here. The thing is some EZ-GO golf cart lift kits are made for whether electric or gas model. The same goes for Yamaha and Club Car carts. Therefore one must select a lift kit very cautiously.
Lift Kit Size- Lift kits are available in different sizes. These are 3", 4", 5", 6", etc. Among all of them, the most popular lift kit is the 6 inches. It is suitable for all sorts of golf carts and gives the user the ability to add 24 inches off-road tires. Also, 6 inches golf cart lift kits will keep the cart stable and provides a smooth ride through any terrain. So it is recommended to choose a 6 inches lift kit for one's golf cart.
Weight- Basically, all the lift kits are metal made that is why they are heavy weighted. But one should look for a lift kit that is conveniently lighter than other lift kits. Because a heavy lift kit will put much strain on the cart and the motor which will cost more energy from the cart while traveling through a hill on the course. Also, a heavy weighted lift kit will reduce the speed of the cart, and hope that you do not want that. Therefore, one should look for a less weighted lift kit.
Tire offset- Some golf cart lift kits require offset tires. While buying a lift kit one must check that whether the lift kit requires offset tires or not.
Instruction- And finally, one needs to look for the installation instruction guide of the lift kit. With an installation guide, one can single handedly install the lift kit. However, some lift kit manufacturers recommend that the lift kit must be installed by a professional. The easy bolt on application lift kit is very easy for DIYers. But it would be wise to hire a professional for installing a lift kit that needs welding or any sort of cutting. If you want to know Best Golf Cart Seat Belts.
How much does it cost to put a lift kit on a golf cart?
Lift kits are available at different prices. The average cost to put a lift kit on a golf cart can be 200 to 250 dollars. However, this cost is for those who can install a lift kit on their own. If one does not know how to install a lift kit on their own and call a professional then the cost can be way higher depending on the hiring cost. Installing a lift kit is very time consuming. It will take hours. So a professional will cost a lot of money. If you want to know Best Golf Cart Windshield.
How to lift a golf cart without a kit?
In simple words, it is impossible to lift a golf cart without a lift kit. If one does not want to buy a lift kit then the person has to build his own lift kit. One can make a lift kit from their household scrap metal. To know how to lift a cart without a lift kit red “How to lift a golf cart without a lift kit". In this article, we have described the process step by step.
Sometimes it seems that installing a lift kit on the golf cart is necessary. Some people do this to increase the aesthetic look of their cart and some do this to avoid problems. But choosing one can take a lot out of the owner. That is why we have done the hard work for you and selected 10 of the best lift kit to narrow down your search. In this list, one will find a lift kit that will be compatible with their golf cart and will provide a suitable ride on different terrain.